Cineserge

Living a dream as a photographer & filmmaker

Nikon D4s promo video by Corey Rich in one word: Incredible!

New Nikon D4s promo video shows off D4s' video capability and looks stunning!

Corey Rich posted his new video showcasing the newly released Nikon D4s. While the D4s is not a big leap from the D4 in my opinion - the video clearly shows that D4s is a viable contender in the DSLR/cinema camera market for shooting cinematic professional content.

Some people [like Philip Bloom] criticized the original D4 for being a bit soft and not suitable for any pro work. I disagree. Corey disagrees [check out his original D4 video]. I like the video the D4 produces; very filmic, cinematic, if you will. I don't want to look at over-sharpened, color-corrected, perfect image. That's too perfect. I want to see character, I want to see a bit of filmmaker's soul in the images, and I feel that the D4 provides that very successfully.


Nikon D4s

For me, the D4s is not a big departure from the D4, which I own [although Corey disagrees], so I will not be upgrading, but judging from Corey's video - it's a great camera, with capabilities like 60 FPS at 1080P, new sensor, and some audio controls improvements. What's missing? Waveform, focus peaking, and other image aid functions are still missing from the camera. But one could get that in an external monitor or a viewfinder. I use Kinotehnik viewfinder, which is awesome!

So, check out the video above; it shows off D4s' capabilities and the incredible talent of Corey and his team. Well done! Check out Corey's blog for more details about the D4s and the promo video.


Serge Batyrshin is a photographer, filmmaker, & blogger. You can follow Serge on Twitter, Facebook, or Google+. Never miss another post - Subscribe to the FREE Newsletter delivered by email. New to Cineserge? Start here